Friday, December 18, 2009

3 months

Today Carlyle is 3 months old! And, no, I didn't write a post last week when she was 12 weeks. She was super fussy last week and I knew I wouldn't get a good picture so I just waited. I just attributed her fussiness to colic and reflux. However, after almost a week of being unconsolable, I decided to call Telecare Sunday night and make an appt to see the doctor on Monday. It hit me that it possibly could be her ears, although I wasn't really sure. I just wanted to be able to rule it out. Since Camden and Claire had to have tubes, I just wanted to make sure that wasn't our problem. Claire had a double ear infection at 6 weeks so I knew that at 12 weeks it wouldn't be out of the ordinary. I took her in Monday and apparently she has very small ear canals because the doctor had to use some sort of metal hook to clean the wax out of her ears so he could see. And yes, DOUBLE EAR INFECTION! At least my mommy instincts told me to take her in. So, we've been on the antibiotics since Monday, and other than eating better, I hadn't seen that much of an improvement. She was still waking up in the middle of the night (she had been sleeping until around 5 or 5:30) and she still had her moments of fussiness. I thought we were past the colic stage so I had gradually weaned her off the meds for that. She seemed to be doing ok, until last week. Last Friday I put her back on them...although I'm not as strict about giving them to her at every feeding like I was. Who knows?? Maybe the antibiotics arent working, or maybe she's still dealing with reflux and colic. Your guess is as good as mine. All I know is that we are back on colic and reflux meds and still trying the antibiotics. Last night she slept from 10:00pm until 7:30am. I woke up at 3:30am thinking she would be up any minute and then woke up again at 6am. Jeremy was about to leave for work so I asked him to go check on her. He came back and said she was snoozing away. WOW!!! What a great night! Hopefully those meds are kicking in and she will make a habit of this sleeping all night!!! Here's my little 3 month old. Can't believe she's that old!!




Carlyle is so blessed to have the two best grandmas in the world! We love Nana and Marme!! Carlyle can't wait to spend her first Christmas with you both (and Papa and Pops, too).

1 comment:

JoJo said...

My heart "warms" everytime I see you and your precious family.
Joanne Williams