Thursday, February 18, 2010

5 months old


Today Carlyle turned 5 months old. We normally would have been at school today, but since Camden has strep throat we were home. I took advantage of trying to spend a little more time with Carlyle, since it was her 5 month birthday. However, that proved to be a little more challenging with a sick kid. But, I did take a few more pictures than I normally take and was actually able to capture her roll over from her tummy to her back. YEAH CARLYLE! This is her second time to perform this trick and I never witnessed the first. And, it's been almost two months since the first. So, I was happy when I put her on her tummy today and she immediately rolled over. I think she was in shock of what she had just done. So, I grabbed the video camera and repeated the process. Then, I grabbed the camera and repeated. I'm so proud that I captured it with both cameras!! She really wants to roll from her back to her tummy, but just hasn't figured out how to manage that.







She's learning how to hold small toys and rattles and they instantly make it to her mouth. She's figured out that she has a tongue and loves sticking it out. I think I literally took about 30 pictures of her and in almost all of them she either has her tongue out or her mouth open with her tongue almost out.




1 comment:

Leslie said...

Seriously...she is precious:)! I love her expression in the first one...it is just so prissy sweet!!!:) How great that you got her rolling over!!!