Thursday, February 18, 2010

Popsicles for Breakfast??

Now why on earth would I let my kids have popsicles for breakfast? Well, because Camden has strep throat and Claire doesn't understand why Camden gets popsicles and she doesn't. Therefore, I don't feel like dealing with tantrums or tears so both get popsicles for breakfast.



Camden has had cold-like symptoms since the end of last week and started complaining of her tummy hurting on Monday. I blew it off since she said she didn't need to throw up. She even said on Tuesday that she didn't feel good so when she got to school she was just going to rest. A few of the other teachers and I were kind of giving her a hard time because she seemed to be so dramatic. Now I feel HORRIBLE. She woke up Tuesday night around 1:00am and seemed to be really hot, but had no fever. She said her tummy hurt again and she even started crying. I really believed her but had nothing to give her for that. Wednesday morning she seemed about the same, with the exception that she wouldn't eat breakfast and hardly touched her lunch. After her nap that day she had 102.2, which is SO rare for her because she never runs fever. I called our doctor's office, only for them to inform me that none of the doctors in the office had any available appointments. I know there's at least 10 doctors in the practice, if not more. That's insane. I left a message with the nurse and she called me back. After giving her a description of all Camden's symptoms she told me she didn't think it was strep and since the fever was responding to medicine that she could just make me an appt for the next morning. My gut told me to go ahead and take her in to Urgent Care, which I did. The doctor there also said that he didn't think it was strep because of her symptoms. He actually thought it was Fifth's Disease, which is just a virus. But, since the strep test was easy he would go ahead and do it. Thank goodness he did. POSITIVE! After stopping by Walgreen's to get her prescription, along with some Gatorade, Tylenol and Motrin, we headed home. She slept great last night. Camden woke up with a bit of a fever this morning, but after some Motrin it's gone and has stayed gone all day. She now seems to be back to normal, which includes not listening to her mother and disobeying. But, I'll take that any day over the yucky symptoms of strep! Just praying that the rest of us stay well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Popsicles for breakfast?! You're such a cool Mom! Hope Camden gets to feeling better. :)