Monday, December 15, 2008

More ear infections

For the past 2 nights, Camden has said her ear hurts. I have tried to soothe her with some ear drops and tylenol. I thought that if I just gave her some medicine, she would "think" her ear was better, therefore, I wouldn't hear her complain anymore. Last night, or should I say this morning, she awoke at 2:00am with her ear hurting. I gave her ear drops and some Tylenol with codiene (we had a full bottle from Claire's surgery last week). She did go back to sleep for 3 more hours, but at 5:00am was up, wanting to eat breakfast. I kept telling her I'd fix her something later, that it was just too early to eat. I FINALLY had to get out of bed when I heard Claire at 7:00am. Shortly after that, they both wanted breakfast. I was just about to get up when Camden started going crazy saying her stomach hurt and her throat hurt. I thought she was just being over-dramatic, which she is good at. However, she said she had to throw up. Lucky me, I managed to get her to the potty before she did. Boy, did I feel bad for getting on to her for, what I thought was just drama. Anyway, after a few crackers and some sprite she seemed to feel much better. However, her ear still hurt. I finally called for an appt with the doctor. Our doctor's office is undergoing some remodeling and they have 3 exam rooms available that are to be shared by 9 doctors. After a 25 minute wait in the waiting room, the nurse called us back where we proceeded to wait 45 minutes for the doctor to come in. So frustrating!! After an ear infection diagnosis, we headed to pick up McDonalds for lunch and to get her antibiotic. After a dose of medicine and a good, healthy lunch from Mickey D's, she seemed to be feeling a little better. Camden is scheduled to finish her medicine on Christmas Eve, so we're hoping to be 100% for Christmas!!

No comments: