Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Baby C gets tubes

Yesterday morning we were all up bright and early to take Carlyle to get tubes. I think she may have had a little anticipation of what was going to happen because she was up for 2 hours during the night. Of all nights to be up, why did she have to pick the night when I had to get up in the wee hours of the morning? After I finally got her back to sleep, I looked at the clock and realized I only had 2 1/2 more hours to sleep...ugh! 4:45am came way too early!! After I took a shower and got ready, I woke Jeremy up and went to get Camden and Claire up. Surprisingly, they did AMAZING! No whining, no crying and no throwing fits. They got right up, got dressed, grabbed their backpacks full of things to occupy their time and headed for the car. I really hope when school starts that they are this easy to wake up every morning! I woke sleeping Carlyle up, changed her diaper and buckled her in her carseat. She had no idea what was about to happen. Here she is on her way to the hospital.


After we got to the hospital, they called us back to finish some paperwork, and of course, we got our fashionable bracelets.



Carlyle was so happy the whole time we waited. I am sure she was hungry, but she never really fussed. Such a great baby...that is until AFTER surgery. They brought her back to recovery after she woke up and she was a completely different baby. I heard her crying and screaming as they were walking her in and she didn't stop for the whole hour we had to wait in recovery. Carlyle was like a little demon child, pushing off of me and Jeremy. She didn't really know what she wanted. Between being tired, waking up in an unfamiliar place, the effects of the anesthesia and being hungry, I would say she has a few reasons to be upset. However, I have never seen her like this. She wouldn't take her juice but I finally got her to take about 3 oz of formula. About the last 10 minutes that we were in there, I was walking around with her, bouncing, trying to get her to calm down. I think she wore herself out and was almost asleep, when another baby in the room began to cry and that was it. Carlyle started again! I was so ready to get in the car. She did fall asleep on the way home and I transferred her to her crib and she slept for 3 hours. She was sleeping very hard, as you can tell in these pictures.



I am so glad that her surgery is over and I really hope that ear infections are a thing of the past!

No comments: