Sunday, June 6, 2010

Fun times

This weekend was quite busy for our family. After swim lessons on Friday, we joined several other families for a night of fun! We met at the Huskey's home where the kids enjoyed playing in the kiddie pools and on the swingset. The men hung out in the backyard "babysitting" and grilling. We enjoyed some tasty burgers and hot dogs, great chips and dips, amazing strawberry pies and even made some homemade ice cream! What a great evening with friends. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of our fun evening. But, thanks to the Huskey's for your gracious hospitality!

Jeremy played golf Saturday morning while I attended a memorial service for my friend, Leslie's, grandfather. All of the grandchildren spoke at the service, recalling memories of their grandfather. It was evident by all the words that were spoken that Mr. Williams was a very kind, giving and unselfish man! He has left such a legacy of faith and family! After the service, I met Jeremy at my parents' neighbors to take the girls swimming! Those swim lessons sure paid off. Both girls were jumping in the water and having a great time! Even Carlyle enjoyed her first time to swim in a big pool. She loved just hanging out in her float.











That afternoon we came home to rest before our favorite babysitter, Mallorie, came over to watch the girls. Jeremy and I had a wedding to attend and Camden and Claire were excited to see Mallorie. I decided to go ahead and give the girls a bath before we left. I had given Camden a bath and while I was giving Claire one, Camden crawled up on the couch with her Daddy and this is how I found them about 5 minutes later.

They both must have been pretty tired to fall asleep so quickly. And, they must have been in a DEEP sleep because Claire tried several things to wake them up. She pulled the keyboard in the living room and began banging on the keys, but they didn't budge. Next, she got the drum and began pounding away as loudly as she could...and still, they didn't move. She tried several more things to awaken them, but these two were out. I finally did have to wake them up so that Jeremy could get dressed. Camden was not too happy that she didn't get a longer nap, but she perked up when Mallorie arrived. I left my camera in case they wanted to take some pictures of their fun evening...and they did. They decided to have a "camp-out" and they even dressed Mallorie up. She was such a good sport! Thanks Mallorie for entertaining the girls and taking such good care of them. We love you!




No comments: