Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mommy needs some sleep!!

Who couldn't love this face??


For the past few days, Carlyle has been much more difficult to deal with. She has been very sporadic with taking her bottles, taking only a couple of ounces usually at each feeding. Friday she only took ONE full bottle the entire day. She would suck and then arch her back and cry, like she was in pain. By Saturday morning I was sure it was her ears. I called to get an appt with the doctor for that morning but they were booked. The nurse told me I could go to Direct Care or to the ER. I really wanted her doctor to see her because he knows her history, not to mention the fact that she just finished an antibiotic for a double ear infection on Christmas Eve. I decided to just wait it out and take her in on Monday, however, Sunday morning was worse. She woke up a couple of times Sat. night to eat and then Sunday morning was awake at 8. I fixed her a 4 oz bottle and she barely took one ounce. She cried and cried and cried. I decided right then that I was going to skip church and take her to Direct Care. The doctor said her ears were clear and suggested that it was just colic...REALLY??? I think I know what colic is, since 2 out of my 3 kids have had it. This is NOT colic. He suggested some Mylicon drops...again, REALLY? Anyway, I was very frustrated when I left there. We got home and I still couldn't get her to eat. FINALLY, around 12:30 she took an entire bottle (probably because she was starving). Anyway, I put her down for a nap at 2pm and she slept until 5:30pm. I was even lucky enough to get a much needed nap today. I couldn't believe she slept that long, not to mention she skipped her next feeding at 3:30. She took the entire 4oz bottle at 5:30, took a little nap from 6:30-7:30 and even took a 6 oz bottle before going to bed at 8:45. WOW!! Not sure what the change was, but I'm hoping it continues. I hate seeing her in pain, especially when I have no idea what's wrong. Here's hoping for a good night's sleep...for EVERYONE. I say EVERYONE because for the last 3 hours, Camden and Claire have taken turns getting up out of bed at least 5 or 6 times. If only I could get all 3 of my kids to sleep...ALL NIGHT...EVERY NIGHT!!! For those of you out there who have kids that sleep 12 hours a night....would you please come take my children home with you, for as long as it takes, and do some SLEEP TRAINING??? You think I'm kidding?? No, no, no...I'm so serious. I just want ONE night when everyone sleeps, all night until 7am. Is that too much to ask???

No comments: