Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jeremy!

Today is Jeremy's birthday, his 30th birthday! He finally made it to the 30's. He said it wasn't so bad, except that he pulled a muscle in his back today playing golf. That's what happens when you get old, huh?? Just kidding. Anyway, the girls and I stopped by and got some balloons and made one of his favorite desserts, red velvet cake. I pulled out the candles that I had, which wasn't a significant number, but the girls wanted to put them all on the cake. We sang and Camden and Claire blew out the candles. Our afternoon was spent napping, which was a nice change from our busy paced lives. Then, we went over to my parents house for dinner to celebrate again. My mom made chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, corn, dinner rolls and another one of Jeremy's favorite desserts. Not sure this is the official dessert name, but our family always calls it the "4-layer dessert". It has a homemade crust, chocolate pudding, cream cheese and cool whip. We added more candles and let the girls blow them out. After dessert, Jeremy opened cards and gifts. He had been wanting a new pair of golf shoes, so that's what he got from my parents, me and the girls. Overall, I think 30 wasn't too bad for him. Happy Birthday, Jeremy! We love you!!






No comments: