Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday, Claire Bear!!




I can't believe that Claire is 3 today! These past 3 years have flown by. Above is a picture of Claire, 2 days old. And, then one of Claire and Mommy tonight at Chuck E. Cheese. She decided that's where she wanted to celebrate her birthday!

Our morning started off good, except that Camden woke Claire up at 6:00am because she was excited that it was Claire's birthday...how sweet! Claire came in and saw balloons and a birthday banner and immediately said, "Thank you Mommy for my birthday!" How could I not get up after that?? So, I took a shower and got ready and got the girls ready. I decided to go ahead and let Claire open her presents before we left. She loved the Aerial purse with all the "stuff" to put inside, like keys, money, credit card and brush/comb. And, she thought her new Aerial shoes and wand were pretty neat.




After opening gifts, we headed out to get some donuts. Not just any old Donut Palace donuts...if we were up that early then Mommy got to choose and we went across town to my favorite, Shipley's. It was well worth the drive. Claire really enjoyed her chocolate sprinkled donut and chocolate milk.




Then we headed off to church, where all the Parents Day Out teachers had a work day. We brought cupcakes for all the kids that were going to be there, and they seemed to really enjoy that. After we left there, I dropped the girls off with my dad so I could go to the doctor. Then, I picked them up and we headed to meet Daddy at Chuck E. Cheese. Jeremy had been at work all day and had to go back to school tonight for Open House, therefore, I knew he would want to sing Happy Birthday to Claire and share in her cake. So, I brought cupcakes with us to dinner, along with candles, a lighter, and Backyardigans plates and napkins. After using all our tokens and trading them in for some really cool stuff, we headed home.





Nana and Papa had a birthday present for Claire, so they came over after we got home. They also had presents from Uncle Jeremy for both girls, since he couldn't make it to their party. Camden and Claire loved their princess bears and they both wanted to read and sing along with Claire's new books. Thanks Nana, Papa and Uncle Jeremy.



No comments: