Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

This morning, my parents and I took the girls to Yesterland Farm. We go to a pumpkin patch every year, but the one we have gone to for several years was closed this year due to the drought. I had heard of the Yesterland Farm, but never been. When I got a permission slip for a field trip to this farm for Camden's class I decided to research it to see what all they offered. Well, the website doesn't do it justice. It was SO MUCH FUN! I really thought we would be done in an hour or so, but we got there right after they opened at 10 and left at 1pm, only because Carlyle was having a meltdown and we were all hot! Otherwise, the girls could have stayed alot longer. We had such a good time and will definitely be going back. They are also open at Christmas and have trees you can cut down, with the same rides, etc.. Looking forward to the cooler weather so we can stay a little longer.

We started off with some pictures and all 3 were very cooperative.








Then it was off to the rides. I didn't think Carlyle would ride anything because of our recent experience at the fair, however, I was wrong! She rode everything that I let her ride and had a great time!!

Camden and Claire's absolute favorite was the roller coaster. I think they rode it at least 3 or 4 times in a row.

They got to ride a canoe in the water and have duck races.
Barrell train rides.

Papa helping the girls with the Pumpin Launcher and the Corn Shooter.
Time to pose!

We then went to the corn maze, which started off really fun. It was a game where you had to find different things on your game board and hole punch the items that you find. However, there isn't much breeze inside the maze and it was getting very hot. On top of being hot, we were all getting hungry and cranky, especially Carlyle. We couldn't find our way out and I felt like we were going in circles. Finally, my mom found the exit and we were all relieved. Seriously, I think we were in the maze for at least 20-25 minutes...TOO LONG!


We had a great morning and there was a nice breeze for most of the time that we were at the Pumpkin Patch. Thanks to Nana and Papa for joining us. We all had such a great time!!

1 comment:

kate said...

SO GLAD TO HEAR ABOUT THE PUMPKIN PATCH! we always go to pappy's too. i've never heard of that farm. love the "shooter" things, bc P would love them. your girls look precious as always, and i LOVE the pumpkin dresses! :)