Friday, November 6, 2009

7 weeks old

Today Carlyle is 7 weeks old! My how time flies. Since Sunday, Carlyle has been much more fussy and hard to console. I got sick with a virus on Sunday and thought that maybe she was sick, too. But, she showed no symptoms so I ruled that out. Finally, after thinking she would get better and her not, I called the doctor on Wednesday. Our doctor thought I needed to bring her in, however, he was booked that day and I DID NOT want to wait until Thursday. So, we saw another doctor instead. After a thorough examination he concluded that her problem could be one of three things: reflux, colic or gas. Hmmmm......I think I could have told you that. Anyway, he did change her reflux medicine and put her on colic medicine. I'm not sure if it's the change in reflux meds or the colic meds, but Carlyle is a DIFFERENT child. She is much happier when she's awake, sleeps better, and is overall just more content. These last two days have been great! She has not spit up once and even went 5 hours this morning before waking up to eat. Yeah Carlyle!!! I'm just hoping that this lasts and as she continues to grow and mature, that she will be able to wean off the meds and continue to be as happy. Here are a few pictures of our 7 week old baby! Let me just clarify that in the last picture Carlyle is fussy, but just because she's sleepy and was tired of posing for the camera.




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I can't believe she is already 7 weeks old! Time does fly! All 3 of your girls are precious! So gald Carlyle is doing better.