Sunday, May 3, 2009

First Attempt


I started thinking tonight that I needed to start trying to get Camden and Claire sleeping in the same room. I knew I didn't want to wait until late summer to start because that's just way too close to my due date. So, I was going to see if Camden would sleep on the top bunk tonight and let Claire sleep on the bottom, but Jeremy suggested that we just try to let them sleep together for a week or so on the bottom bunk. Probably a good idea. So, after dinner and baths they were super excited to be sleeping together. After I tucked them in and said our prayers I left the room. All I could hear was giggling, laughter, and talking. It was very cute, but the cuteness wore off after Jeremy and I alternated going in their room at least six or seven times. They got up to play and started screaming and then they came out of the room at least 2 or 3 times. I knew they just needed to get used to the idea of being together in the same room, but I was exhausted after 2 hours of monitoring. Finally, after Camden had gotten up for the last time, I popped her bottom and they both seemed to settle down pretty quickly. I laid with them for a few minutes and kissed them goodnight. So far....they're still in bed and QUIET!!!! YEAH!!! I hope they sleep all night without waking up. Maybe tomorrow night it won't take as long to get to sleep. Hopefully, we can gradually move Camden up on top, although I don't see that happening without Claire putting up a fight. She really wants to sleep on top, too. Maybe they'll have to take turns. Who knows how it will end up...all I know is that I'm TIRED and hoping they both sleep well tonight!

2 comments:

heartlandfamily said...

They look so cute & happy. I grew up with 2 sisters and even though we had our own bedrooms we always slept together. I remember getting in trouble ALL of the time (even when we were much older than your girls) for talking and giggling. You know how it is when you are with girls... you just can't stop talking :)

Jennifer said...

They are so cute! Kindi's kids switch every Sunday night for the top bunk. They get one week on top and then one week on bottom. Hope tonight goes better!