Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sick Claire

Sorry it's been awhile since my last post. Last week was busy and then over the weekend Claire got sick, which has taken up most of my time. She had diarrhea Saturday night, threw up twice on Sunday, diarrhea a few times on Monday and still more diarrhea today!! YUCK! You know she must feel bad when she just laid on the couch with me for about 45 minutes watching Little Einsteins. I'm hoping today is the last day of this mess, but unfortunately, I have no idea the time frame of this virus. But, I can say that I have done more laundry in the past 2 days than I've done in a week. OK..I just had to stop in the middle of writing this post to go change another explosion. I keep trying to get her to drink some pedialyte, but she HATES is. So, that only leaves a mother one option--BRIBERY. I can get her to take a few drinks of pedialyte in exchange for 2 skittles. I know, those probably aren't great for her tummy, but you gotta do what you gotta do. So, here's a picture of my pitiful sick baby, who decided to break out a smile for the camera.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally feel your pain...we get stomach bugs all of the time. Kens hates pedialyte but I can get her to take it by syringe, yes odd I know, but she gets to push the syringe in her mouth....and my pedi told me last time that Gatorade will do the same for them....maybe try a flavor of gatorade you think she might like. Hope she feels better soon!

kelly said...

i'm so sorry. it's so pathetic to see them just laying there :( glad she seems to be on the mend! i think she definitely looks like you in this pic!