Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's Pajama Time!

For the past week or so, Camden has been obsessed with pajamas. The girls had been wearing 2-piece pajamas (pants and top). But, about a week and a half ago, Claire decides that she's going to start taking off her pants and her diaper while in her crib. It usually takes her a little while to drift off to sleep, so I'm very used to hearing her talk while in bed. Sometimes, when I think about it, I will go in her room and check on her before I go to bed. And, when I don't think about it, I won't. Well, one morning after she awoke, I went in to find a pantless and diaperless little girl. Not quite sure when the bottoms and diaper came off, whether it was before she went to sleep, or after she woke up. But, needless to say, I have started going in and checking on her before I go to bed at night. I thought that one morning was an isolated incident, but have found her diaperless and asleep when I have gone in at night. I couldn't figure out how to keep her from removing her diaper. Then I had a brilliant idea...try the one-piece footed pajamas that zip up. And, I'm happy to report, that so far it's worked. She can't get out of them!! YEAH! Anyway, I only had one pair of those kind in Claire's size. So, I headed to The Children's Place to make a purchase of pajamas. While we were in there, Camden practically begged for some of the same kind of pj's. However, The Children's Place only went up to a size 3T in that particular style. I hated to leave empty handed for Camden, so I bought a size 3T, knowing that if they were just way too small, it wouldn't be long before Claire could wear them. So, it wasn't a waste of money. When we got home, Camden squeezed into them and has worn them EVERY NIGHT for the past week! NOT KIDDING! She loves them, so I decided to get online and order her 2 more pair of the right size. Well, they came today and as soon as we got home from school we opened the package. She immediately put them on and kept them on until bath time, took them off for bath and then put them back on to sleep in. Who knew that new pajamas could be so fun?? Anyway, all this talk of pajamas sent my mind straight to a cute little book that the girls have. We enjoy reading it so I pulled it out tonight to read to them before bed. The book is called Pajama Time, by Sandra Boynton. It's so cute that I'm just going to post a little of the text.

The moon is up. It's getting late. Let's get ready to celebrate. It's Pajama Time! Pull on the bottoms. Put on the top. Get yourself set to pajama-dee-bop-it's Pajama Time! Now some are old and some are new. Some are red and some are blue. Some are fuzzy. Some are not. But we can all pajammy in whatever we've got. It's Pajama Time! Ooooo yes, it's Pajama Time! Some are pink and some are green. Some are the ugliest you've ever seen. They might be stripey, or polka dot. But we can all pajammy in whatever we've got. It's Pajama Time!...

There is a little more to the book, but I think you get the picture. Anyway, below are Cam and Claire in their "stripey" and "polka dot" pajamas. Camden's so proud of her footed pj's.




No comments: