Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Teacher Appreciation

Lindale ISD has some of the best, most loving and dedicated teachers in the state. The first week in April was designated "Teacher Appreciation Week". The district had breakfasts, snacks and lunches provided throughout the week and the parent organization provided lunch and snacks, as well. I wanted to do something special for Camden and Claire's teachers. Last year, I gave Mrs. Aubuchon small gifts each day of the week, but this year I switched it up a bit. I decided to give gifts each day, but it was from a "secret student". Then on the last day, the teacher would find out who the gifts were from. I can't take credit for this cute idea...I found it on the internet. So, here's what we did!

DAY 1: On the 1st day of Teacher Appreciation Week
A secret student gave to me...
A fun night at home with a movie!
Each teacher received a basket filled with their favorite candy, drink, popcorn and a movie.




DAY 2: On the 2nd day of Teacher Appreciation Week
A secret student gave to me...
Two packs of fun colored pens...


DAY 3: On the 3rd day of Teacher Appreciation Week
A secret student gave to me
Three sets of post-it notes...



DAY 4: On the 4th day of Teacher Appreciation Week
A secret student gave to me
Four bags of treasure box prizes...



DAY 5: On the 5th day of Teacher Appreciation Week
My secret student I could see
On a book of 5 Things She Likes About Me!

The girls came up with 5 things they like about their teacher and wrote one on each page and drew a picture to go along with it. Then I made it into a book for their teacher.




This was a really fun thing to do and it really wasn't that expensive. It just took some time to think of things to get that I thought the teachers would use/need for their classroom and a little more time putting it all together. In the end, I thought it turned out very cute and I know the teachers loved getting surprises each day!

3 comments:

Lily said...

So nice!!!

heartlandfamily said...

That is such a cute idea!!!

Unknown said...

Such a great idea!!!! I think I might steal it for the last week of school. :)