Friday, July 29, 2011

Camden and her big decision

What an awesome day today was!! Camden asked Jesus to come into her heart this afternoon and I couldn't be more thrilled!

Camden has been talking alot lately about how Jesus died on the cross for her sins. Of course, she hears all the Bible stories at Sunday School every week and over the last few weeks she has heard more about God's love for her in Bible School and at God's Kids. Sunday evening we went to watch Jaxson, her cousin, get baptized. We talked about it before we went and then nothing was said after church. Jeremy and I didn't want to push anything, but we also wanted to be able to answer any questions she had. A few days passed and Camden and Claire spent the night last night with Marme'. Camden brought up Jaxson and how he got baptized and she asked Marme' a few questions. Marme' then told her that she needed to talk to us about it and that's all that was said. When I picked them up I didn't bring anything up. After lunch we were cleaning up some toys and out of the blue Camden said, "I know that Jesus loves me and He died on the cross for my sins and I want to get baptized". So, Jeremy and I talked to her about it and we prayed with her to invite Jesus to live in her heart. She is SO excited and immediately called her grandparents to share the good news! We will take her Sunday to talk to our pastor and then we will get a date for her baptism. What a proud moment for parents to know that your child believes in Jesus and will spend eternity with Him one day. I pray that her excitement about her salvation will not fade and that she will be eager to share with her friends at school about Jesus' love for them. We are so proud of Camden for making this important decision and look forward to the day when Claire and Carlyle can experience this same excitement!

On a completely different note, I couldn't do a post with no pictures. So, I'm going to leave you with a picture of a sweet, sleeping baby girl!

1 comment:

Meg said...

YAY CAMDEN!! that is SO exciting!! i am so excited for the day sophie makes this decision too. what good godly parents camden has!!