Monday, June 6, 2011

TCBY, Bible School and a little watermelon

I forgot I took this picture last week. The girls and I were out running errands and we decided to stop by TCBY for a cool treat. I had gotten Camden, Claire and myself some yogurt and when we sat down I tried to give Carlyle a bite and she refused. She wanted to do it herself, meaning she wanted her own. So, I had to go back up and get a dab of vanilla for my little independent girl, costing me a whopping total of $0.55. I had absolutely NO CASH on me and pulled out my debit card. I'm not really sure they would let me use it for such a small amount. The girl checking me out was super nice and took some change out of the tip jar and paid for Carlyle's yogurt. I felt bad but she insisted. What a thoughtful gesture!!! That, along with the yummy yogurt, made my day even better.


Today was the first day of Vacation Bible School and I attempted to get a picture when we got there with my girls, plus Callen and Charley. Camden was forced to hold Callen or she would have run away and Carlyle was in tears because she knew she was going to be left in the nursery. Oh well...the day did end up much better and everyone was happy and in good moods when it was time to go home.


Caren, Jennifer and I picked up the babies when we were done with our crafts and took them in the sanctuary to watch the big kids sing and dance before it was over. Carlyle went up to the steps and sat down, looked at Leighton and Mallorie and patted her hand right beside her on the step, beckoning them to come sit by her. It was so cute!!



After dinner tonight, we went outside to play and I cut the girls some watermelon. What a nice, refreshing treat for such a warm evening.

No comments: