Sunday, June 26, 2011

Parties and playtime

Thursday evening we went to Aubrey's birthday party at the Splash Park. The girls had so much fun playing in the water and on the playground. Carlyle's favorite thing was the slide. She went up and down the slide at least 10 times. What a fun evening to spend with friends!


Saturday morning I had planned on taking the girls to the zoo, however, the hot temperatures made me change my mind. So, in a moment of weakness, I took them to Chuck E. Cheese...on a Saturday...by myself! WHAT WAS I THINKING??? But, really it wasn't that crowded. We got there about 10:30 and the girls had a great time playing all the games and getting tickets. Carlyle seemed to be a bit overstimulated. I couldn't get her to smile the whole time we were there. She wanted to ride the rides, but she never cracked a smile. I think she was just taking it all in. We had a fun morning and finding a fun place to play with an air conditioner was an added bonus!!!






This evening after dinner, Jeremy and I took the girls to the beach area in Hideaway. The last time we were there, Carlyle loved it!! I thought it would be fun for them to build sand castles and enjoy the sand and water. Carlyle had the best time sitting, walking and splashing in the water. Camden and Claire loved playing in the water with their daddy. Carlyle made friends with a little girl who was building sand castles and sat down beside her to watch. We had a fun and relaxing evening and I'm sure we will spend many more summer nights on the "beach". We love it!!!






No comments: