Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Daffodil Garden

Today Jeremy took off half a day and we got Camden out of school a little early and headed to Mrs. Lee's Daffodil Garden in Gladewater. I was hoping to get some cute pics of the girls. Nice weather, pretty flowers and cute outfits...what could be better? I thought it would be a nice relaxing day, enjoying the family and taking in some of God's beautiful creation. Well, we enjoyed the scenery, however, relaxing is not the word I would use to describe our afternoon. Stressful, frustrating, and exhausting are a few adjectives that come to mind.

Claire remembered our trip to the daffodils from last year and assumed she was wearing her "daffodil dress" today. When I pulled out a different outfit, she immediatlely crossed her arms and said, "I'm not gonna smile". Ugh...and so it begins. After getting her dressed in her outfit, she asks me if she can get some ice cream if she smiles pretty, just like last time. I'm not against bribing, and if it can get me some cute pics of the girls without fits, I'm all for it. So, that was our deal...smile for pictures=ice cream.

Once we got there we drove through until we came to a parking area. I was hoping to start the "photo shoot", but there was so much sun. I was needing a lot more shade. After walking all around trying to find shade, we headed back to the car to search some more. The girls weren't too thrilled about having to exert that much energy. We finally found an area that would work and I start with Camden. Of course, she smiles and is happy. Claire's turn...she did great. Then I decided to try for a shot of all 3. Carlyle was not cooperating so I decided to take a break. A nice gentleman asked if we would like a family photo. Of course!







After a short break, it's back to business. Miss Priss was definitely not in the mood for posing, but I was able to get a decent one of her and some of all three. I may or may not have had to call in the reinforcements: aka goldfish and puffs. Not the best smiles or poses, but I love these girls, regardless of what these pictures look like. Be sure to scroll down to the last picture...it's my favorite!






2 comments:

Lily said...

Love the coordinating outfits!

Muffy said...

So cute! We are going to try to do that this weekend.