Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sweetheart Ball

Tonight was a big night for Camden and her Daddy. It was the Sweetheart Ball at Camden's school. Girls bring their daddies, grandfathers, uncles or brothers and boys bring their moms, grandmothers, aunts, etc... Several weeks ago Camden and I went shopping and she picked out a great dress (and for a great price). Love after-Christmas sales! She's been so excited about this night. At school, the music and P.E. teacher have been working with the kids on motions for several songs, including The Macarena, YMCA, and the Electric Slide, just to name a few. The other night Camden turned on the Wii and got Just Dance Kids out, found YMCA and showed her Daddy what they would be doing at the dance. She wanted him to be prepared.

So, this afternoon we started getting ready. First on the agenda, Camden wanted me to paint her fingernails and toenails. Then, she got dressed and I attempted to curl her hair. Didn't work so well. The curls stayed for all of about 5 minutes. Oh well, she was beautiful, with our without curls! After Jeremy got dressed, we went outside for a few pics of the beautiful couple!




And while Camden and Daddy were on a date, I had a date of my own with two pretty little girls! I let Claire decide where we go eat (it had to be somewhere in Lindale) and she chose Cracker Bell (what she calls Cracker Barrell). Pretty good food, and as usual, Carlyle was the social butterfly, waving and talking to everyone. What a charmer!!


I sent the camera with Jeremy and asked him to take some pics of his fun evening. He wasn't very enthusiastic, but he knew I would be disappointed if he didn't get any shots of the night. What a great husband to pull the camera out and capture such precious memories!! So, here are some pictures of the fun they had at the Sweetheart Ball!


Daddy and Camden dancing


Big spin


Camden doing motions to the Macarena


Camden and her friend, Kayley


Daddy and his girl


After the dance, Jeremy took Camden to Chili's for dinner (Camden's choice). They had a great night spending time together! Can't wait until next year when he gets to do it again with Claire!!!

1 comment:

Muffy said...

She already has good taste! That dress is precious! What a fun event. I don't remember if I have ever commented before, but I am a friend of Leslie Bunt's & I saw your blog on her page. I love seeing your girls dressed alike with their big bows! :)

Heather