Thursday, August 26, 2010

1st day of Kindergarten

This morning I got up bright and early, took a shower and got dressed and then went in and woke up Camden and Claire. I thought it might be difficult to get them up, however, with one little nudge, Camden jumped up and was so excited! I had made this banner for her and she thougth it was very "cool". I really wanted to make her feel special on this big day!

She hurried to eat breakfast (she chose biscuits and bacon) and got dressed.

And, of course, we had to get some pics of the big Kindergartener in her first day of school outfit.






Even though I got up early, it was still a busy morning trying to get everyone fed, dressed, hair done and in the car by 7am. Yes, we had to leave our house that early!!! Driving to Lindale twice a day, especially that early in the morning is really getting exhausting! But, only a few more days of doing that before we move to Lindale and we will be about 5 minutes from Camden's school! YEAH!! Camden was so excited about Kindergarten and talked about it the whole way there. We got to Lindale, only to discover the traffic was absolutely awful!! We finally made it to her campus and waited for Jeremy to meet us there.


We made our way in to the school and Camden led us to her class. She walked right in and found her cubby for her lunchbox and hung her backpack up. She found her seat and sat right down to play with play-doh. I'm glad she was excited and eager, however, it still made me sad to drop her off. I felt like I was missing something all day. I'm so used to having to wrangle 3 kids in and out of the car and I only had 2. Claire was sad, too. She asked why she couldn't go to Kindergarten, where Camden was and when were we going to get her. We couldn't wait to pick her up from her first day. She had a great time! Big school must be very tiring...within 10 minutes she fell asleep. In fact, she has fallen asleep every day this week after school. But, we all survived the first day and are excited about a great year!


No comments: