Tuesday, August 17, 2010

11 months old



Carlyle is 11 months old and I think I can finally say that she is attempting to crawl. She will get up on her hands and knees and, after much thought and deliberation, move one leg forward. It's a VERY slow process, but she is learning. No more are the days when she would play contently in one spot. She is all over the place...not from crawling but from rolling. She can get pretty much whatever or wherever she wants. And when she really figures out the crawling thing, she's just going to be all over the place even faster! Carlyle has learned how to sit up from a laying position, so we finally had to lower the crib mattress. She is pretty proud of herself when she sits up and if anyone is around, she will usually look at you, as if she is waiting for praise and affirmation.


She loves to give kisses and play peek-a-boo and pat-a-cake. She is eating alot more table food and is down to only one bottle at night. We only have about 1/4 of a can of formula left and I have decided not to buy any more when we run out. I told Carlyle that the bottles weren't coming with us to our new house (ha ha). She has done really well adjusting to whole milk and a cup and doesn't even seem to miss her bottles. I just hope her nighttime routine doesn't get messed up too much without a bottle.


Carlyle is such a happy baby! She lights up a room with her smiles and brings so much joy to our family! We are looking forward to celebrating her First Birthday in exactly one month. My sister-in-law and I are getting so excited about planning her party! It will be here before I know it so I'm going to try to enjoy this last month with my 11 month old!

No comments: