Friday, June 18, 2010

9 months old





Carlyle is 9 months old today. She has finally learned to sit up, but hasn't yet learned how to get up on her knees to crawl. In fact, she is pretty content just sitting playing with toys. She will lean forward as far as she can to grab a toy that is out of reach, but does not attempt to move, unless she falls backwards. She's doing better about playing on her tummy and is not spitting up as much as she used to when she was on her tummy. When Carlyle is playing on the floor, she will roll and roll, but when she's in her bed and rolls to her tummy she will cry and cry. It's like she doesn't know how to return to her back. She prefers sleeping on her back or side and feels "stuck" if she's on her tummy. She hasn't started pulling up or cruising around furniture, which I'm really ok with. When she starts to get mobile, I'm going to get even busier! She can just take her time. Camden and Claire didn't start walking until they were 15 months. Maybe Carlyle is just following in their footsteps. Carlyle is still eating baby food three times a day, but I have started introducing a lot more table food, which she seems to really enjoy! She has had pancakes, waffles, strawberries, bananas, cheese, tilapia, peas, macaroni and cheese, green beans, cooked carrots, peaches and even a sno cone! So far, there's nothing that she doesn't like. She is a really good eater...a trend that I hope will continue. Carlyle is going to bed every night around 7 or 7:30 and sleeping until around 6:30 or 7am. She sleeps all night, but if she wakes and cries, all I have to do is put her paci back in her mouth. She really is a good sleeper and goes to bed by herself. Of course, I wish I could rock her to sleep, but she will have none of that. In a way, it's easier that she goes to sleep on her own, but I would sure love that cuddle time. Carlyle is such a joy!! She is usually so happy and content, and if she's not, it's because she's tired, hungry or has an ear infection:) I know I've said it before, but these last 9 months have flown by. I have been busier than I ever have been in my life, but I would't trade these days for anything! I love being home with my 3 girls and feel so blessed that the Lord has provided a way for me to do that. There is no job and no amount of money that could provide as many blessings as being a mom. What an honor to have the title "Mommy"!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I love the pictures. You are starting to get really savvy behind the camera!

Your girls always have the cutest smocked dresses! I LOVE them!