Monday, November 16, 2009

8 weeks

Carlyle was officially 8 weeks old last Friday. These last 8 weeks have flown by. She is so sweet and is much more content. I'm assuming it's because of one or both of her new meds. Not sure which one is making the difference, but I'm afraid to take her off either one. So for now, we're still going to be taking Zantac for reflux and Levsin for colic. Carlyle smiled for the first time last Tuesday and I've been trying ever since to get a picture of her smiling. She will do it at the most unexpected times, and of course, I don't have my camera. By the time I get it, she's done smiling and refuses to cooperate for the camera. Oh well, at least I know she can do it. As far as sleeping through the night...we're not even close. Camden and Claire both slept through the night at 8 weeks, therefore, I was very hopeful that Carlyle would do the same. However, I don't think it's going to happen any time soon. Oh well, I guess I should take advantage of my one-on-one time with Miss Carlyle during our 2am feedings. I wish I could freeze time so that all my girls would stay the age they are right now, but unfortunately, that's not how life works. I know I will enjoy every stage of their lives, but I'm really loving their ages right now. Not that it's easy, because it's not. There are many days that are so very difficult, but at the end of the day when they are all peacefully sleeping, I thank God for the day and pray that I have another day to look forward to with my girls!




No comments: