Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stain remover

Yesterday, while the girls were at Aunt Crystal's house, they were playing with dry erase markers and decided to write on each other's shirts...brand new shirts. I thought that the marker would come out with some stain remover on it, so I generously applied some spray-n-wash with resolve power, threw in the washing machine and assumed that it would come out marker free. However, the stain was still in place when the washing was done. I applied a different stain remover thinking it might have more power. Wrong again. So, I resorted to the internet to google "removing dry eraser from clothes". Apparently, this is a widespread problem among mothers of toddlers. Their solution....Murphy's Oil Soap. I know...this sounds crazy. But, I was going to try it. There were at least 20-30 responses claiming SUCCESS when using this product. So, today on my weekly trip to Wal-Mart I bought some. I applied some to the stain and scrubbed with a toothbrush, thinking that the stain would magically disappear. Much to my dismay, the stain did not go away. I really didn't think this was going to work, but I went ahead and washed the shirts. When I removed them from the washer, guess what.....stains were GONE!! Yep, that stuff really works!! So, I just wanted to share my little household secret with everyone. It might even work on other stains, too. And Crystal....I'm not upset at all that the girls got marker on their shirt. But, just so you'll know..I don't think those markers are washable:)

No comments: