Friday, October 24, 2008

Camping

Camden and Claire love to watch Barney. I swore I would never let my kids watch "characters" or give them anything related to "characters", but I did. Camden started off watching it and LOVING it and now Claire has joined the fan club. I guess it could be worse. Barney does teach lots of good things about feelings, manners, health and safety. Yes, he does get a little annoying, but how can I say no to my sweet little angels. Anyway, a few weeks ago they were watching it and Barney and the other characters were going camping. They had a campfire and were singing songs and roasting marshmallows for smores. Ever since then Camden has been bugging me about going camping. All she wanted to do was roast hot dogs and marshmallows for smores. So, tonight was the big night. We were at my parents house and my dad started a fire on his burn pile. He carefully prepared some sticks for the girls to use for their hot dogs and marshmallows. I was just going to use coat hangers, but I guess he wanted them to get the full effect of camping. He showed them how to hold it over the fire without letting the food touch the ashes. Camden did pretty well. Claire refused any help from mom or Papa and ended up dropping her hot dog in the fire. Oh well, after Papa finished cooking them, the girls quickly ate them up so they could have their smores. Camden enjoyed roasting the marshmallows and peeling the top layer off to eat it. She thought that was pretty neat. After we made the smores, both girls decided they would rather just eat the chocolate by itself. It wasn't as sticky and was definitely a little sweeter. They know what's good! And, of course, after camping everyone smells like smoke. Baths for everyone!! Thanks Papa for our camping experience!





No comments: