Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Our Valentine's day started off with a sick kiddo. Camden woke up around 3 am and told me that she was freezing. She didn't have any fever, but I put her in bed with me and tried to warm her up. After a few minutes, she told me that her throat hurt, too. I immediately thought she might have strep throat and didn't want to wait until the doctors office opened to make an appointment. So, I called Telecare about 3:30 this morning and made an appointment for 9:30am. I went back to bed, trying to go to sleep. I finally managed to fall asleep around 4:45am, only for Jeremy's alarm to wake up around 5:15am. Camden also woke up then and told me she needed to throw up. So, we both went to the bathroom where she did throw up a little bit. She then went to lay on the couch, where she stayed for about an hour and a half. After a little Gatorade, she said she felt better. Then she said her throat didn't hurt. So, I decided to cancel the appointment. I was still making her stay home, just because she threw up and I didn't know if she had any kind of virus. Apparently, she was FINE! She was bouncing off the walls ALL.DAY.LONG!

Carlyle was up around 6am so Jeremy got her up before he left for work. We got each of the girls a Valentine's balloon to go with their gift. As soon as Carlyle saw hers, she got so excited about it and wanted all 3 of them. Jeremy helped her open her gifts, but I definitely think the balloons were her favorite!!






Camden and Claire opened their gifts and Camden immediately wanted to eat some chocolate. And I'm sure she thought I was mean when I told her "absolutely not". I finally did give in after lunch.








I'm not sure what got into me this morning, but I started doing a little cleaning and couldn't stop. I cleaned all three bathrooms, cleaned the kitchen counters, did all the laundry, dusted, vacuumed, and mopped. I felt SO productive today. And, on top of that, I made chocolate covered strawberries, per the girls' request. We even managed to make personal pizzas tonight for dinner. Yeah for productivity and a clean house. Too bad the house will be a disaster by tomorrow afternoon.






And, with all the work I was doing, luckily this kept Carlyle entertained for a long time!

No comments: