Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sick baby

Yesterday morning, Carlyle woke up with a rash over her stomach and back. It wasn't bad and I really didn't think anything about it. I guess I just thought it would disappear by today. However, this morning it was still there and progressively got worse throughout the day. By the end of the night her back looked almost completely red. Carlyle cried all day at PDO, which really isn't like her. I decided to take her to the doctor, even though I figured they would just tell me it would go away on its own and to watch for fever. At first glance, she said it was Roseola. I quickly told her that last weekend she ran a high fever for 2 days and two days after that got a rash that lasted for a couple of days. That rash looked almost identical to the one she has now, except it wasn't as prominent. Anyway, the doctor said that she just thought it was a virus and it would probably get better in a day or two. Love that I paid money to hear that, but it did give me peace of mind knowing that her ears and throat looked OK. Despite not feeling well, she really enjoyed playing outside with her big sisters! She loves her new car that she got for her birthday!! I sure hope tomorrow is better than today and that Carlyle is on the mend!





1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Poor baby! Madelyn had a rash like that when she had hand foot and mouth...NO FUN! Get better soon!