Sunday, February 7, 2010

Carlyle's new chair

Remember the post where I talked about Carlyle's attempts at eating cereal? Remember how I said that the third time was a charm? Well, that was a fluke. That one time that she ate the entire bowl was the ONLY time she's eaten any cereal. I tried for about a week after that day to give her cereal/applesauce and she would SCREAM everytime. She ended up getting more cereal on her bib or on me than in her mouth. So, I decided to give up on the idea for awhile. I knew she would eventually favor the idea of eating food, and may even learn to love it. I thought that she might take to the idea of eating food if she were sitting in a high chair. The high chair that we used with Camden and Claire had endured all the wear and tear it could stand. Before we knew we were going to have a third baby we had already gotten rid of it. So, I've been trying to feed her in the bouncy seat. I thought that maybe she just wasn't comfortable enough in there to want to eat. I really didn't know why she wasn't eating, but was trying to come up with a reason. I knew we were eventually going to have to get a high chair so I broke down and bought one on Saturday (luckily I had a coupon). We put it together tonight while watching the Super Bowl and decided to try Carlyle in it. She loved it. Not sure if it was the fact that she was sitting up higher or what, but she was so content. I even decided to try some cereal/applesauce and she ate about half the bowl without screaming or crying! YEAH CARLYLE!! After I cleaned her up I turned her around to face her daddy and her sisters. She was very much entertained by Camden and Claire. I think I even caught her eyes turning toward the TV. I know she was cheering on the Saints! So far, I am thinking that this high chair was a very good investment!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay Carlyle for doing big kid things! Come to think of it, Hannah never liked to eat from her Bumbo, but I think it's because her chubby little body was squished too tight! ;) Have a great week!