Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tired and hungry

Well, my day started off a little earlier than expected. I woke up at 2am to go to the bathroom (this is a nightly thing) and then headed to the living room, where I usually sleep the rest of the night on the couch. I like the firmness against my back. I went to turn the fan on, like usual, and looked over to notice two little girls sitting as quiet as mice, watching a recorded cartoon. I have no idea how they figured out how to get a recorded episode to play, but somehow they did. Anyway, I'm not sure how long they had been up, but it was definitely time to go back to bed. As I walked them back to bed they both kept saying they weren't tired. And, apparently, they weren't. It took them until 3:30am to fall asleep. So, I crept out of the room and headed for the couch. I think I finally fell alseep sometime around 4:00am or so, only to be awakened by Camden around 5:15am. I motioned for her to lay down on the opposite end of the couch and after she finally got settled and stopped tossing and turning, I guess she fell back asleep for a little while. However, not long enough. Anyway, after we all got up I started my morning duties...unloading dishwasher, making breakfast for girls, taking a shower, getting ready and dressing the girls. We were going to meet Mrs. Caren and Charley at the Discovery Science Place today and the girls couldn't wait! We arrived right as Charley pulled up and all three girls had a great time playing for two hours. After we left there, I had a couple of errands to run and then I decided to run through the drive-thru at Chick-fil-a for lunch. I was STARVING. Got the food and brought it home, pulled everything out of the bag, only to realize that my Chargrilled wrap was NOT in the bag....ugh!! I was SO mad...mainly because I was so hungry and there was no way I was going back up there because as soon as the girls finished their lunch they were taking a nap. I attempted to call them 6 times, letting the phone ring at least 20 times each call. No one answered. Finally, on my last call a lady answered and I told her the situation. She was really nice and apologized, taking my name down and told me the next time I was in that I would get a wrap for free. That's nice...but it doesn't take away my hunger! I ate my fries and now I'm still hungry, and a little sleepy...I think dinner and bed might come a little early tonight. Girls are finally napping. Maybe the rest of my afternoon will go better. Here are some pics of the girls playing with Charley.

Claire, Camden and Charley in outer space


Claire's having a hard time carrying her heavy basket of food


I think Claire got her shopping basket as full as she could


Camden weighing her produce


Claire and Charley having lunch


Chef Camden is preparing something yummy


Claire with her apron and oven mitts

No comments: