Saturday, March 7, 2009

Flower frustration

For the past week, I've been planning on taking the girls to Mrs. Lee's Daffodil Farm to take some pictures. We went last year and got some great photos. I had heard that because of the extreme weather and lack of rain, that the daffodils were dying out. Sure enough, I called on Friday to make sure they would be open, and was very disappointed to find out that they have already closed up. They were supposed to be open through the month of March. So, I decided to make other arrangements and drive around town looking for some pretty flowers to take some pictures in front of. The Azalea Trail is coming up the end of the month, but I really wanted to get some good pictures this weekend. So, we did find a few tulips and other flowers that were in bloom...the hard part was just getting Camden and Claire to cooperate. Here are some of the pictures that I ended up with. Some were good and some not so good. Also, I couldn't resist including a couple of pictures of the girls from the daffodil farm from last year.

Pictures from last year:



Now for today's photo shoot:












For more pictures of our photo shoot, visit www.jjchilek.smugmug.com and click on the March 2009 icon.

No comments: