Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Party

For the past couple of years I've been wanting to have a little Christmas party for Camden and Claire and some of their friends. I thought this would be so much fun, but wasn't sure what exactly to do. Well, this year it finally happened. We invited several of the girls' friends and their mommies to join us for decorating gingerbread houses. Oh what fun!! I do have to say that I actually stole this idea from my dear friend and college roommate, Kristen. So...thanks Kristen for letting me be a copycat. Everyone started arriving around 10:00 or so...let the fun begin. When everyone had arrived, we had 14 sweet little "angels" running around the house and 9 mommies trying to maintain control. Everyone seemed to enjoy decorating the houses, as well as sneaking some candy! All the mommies brought a dish for lunch, and man oh man, it was good!! Baked potatoes, taco soup, cheesy mexican soup, cornbread, avacado salad, tortilla wraps, a cheese ball (which was my first attempt and very successful, if you ask me), chocolate chip pound cake and sopapilla cheesecake!!! I think we all stuffed our faces like we hadn't eaten in a week. Thanks ladies for such a delicious lunch!! Everyone had lots of fun and I hope this can be an annual tradition!!

Camden showing off her house

Mrs. Kate and Lillie Katherine

Preston's working hard

Mrs. Jennifer and Kaitlyn

Natalie working on her house

Mrs. Erin and Natalie

Mrs. Leslie, Grayson and Cullen

Charley's having fun

Aunt Rachel and Jax

Mrs. Jennifer, Aubrey and Gage

Claire enjoyed the candy more than decorating

No comments: