Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas # 1

Today we had a very busy day. My brother was supposed to arrive in town last night, but his flight from Houston to Tyler got cancelled. Therefore, he was not due to arrive until 9:30 this morning. Jeremy (my husband) volunteered to pick him up from the airport because my parents were working and I had to take Claire for a check-up with the ear doctor at 10:00. He got in his car to go and realized that it still smelled like skunk...(he hit a skunk on Sat. night and it really stunk up his car). He thought the smell would be gone by now, but it still lingered on. He didn't want to be riding in a smelly car, and knew my brother probably wouldn't appreciate it either, so I had to pick him up. I had to call and rearrange my appt with the doctor so I could head to the airport. Of course, his flight was delayed about 20 minutes. He finally got there, only to find out that the airline had lost his bag. Such a pain!! They said they would notify him when they found it. So, we headed to the doctor and after a long wait, finally got back to see him. Then, on to my parents' house where the girls ate lunch and attempted a nap. Camden slept about 2 hours, which she desperately needed since she woke up at 5:00am!! Claire went back and forth from crying, yelling and playing in the bed. Uncle Jeremy couldn't take it any more and went and got her up. She was really in a pretty good mood until about 8:00 tonight. About 3:00 we headed to my grandmother's house to give her a couple of Christmas presents since we won't see her on Christmas Day. After our visit, we were headed to my aunt and uncle's house for another Christmas exchange, only to have to turn around to go get my brother's bag from the airport. The delivery guy was out of town and they had no one to deliver the bag. This really made my brother mad, but he had to have his bag. After that detour, we arrived at my aunt/uncle's house for a delicious dinner of grilled hamburgers! Yummy! Thanks Uncle Randy for grilling those burgers in 30 degree weather! What a dedicated cook! The girls really enjoyed opening their presents that Deb and Randy picked out. Such a great way to start off our Christmas celebrations! Looking forward to Christmas # 2 Wednesday night!





2 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

What a day! Poor Jeremy (and you!!). Tell him hi and Merry Christmas to you all!

Jennifer said...

you too...this will be a fun christmas for you and trent!! huddy will be really enjoying the paper and bows!! ha ha. i will tell jeremy hi.