Sunday, November 21, 2010

14 months


This post is a little late, but last Thursday Carlyle turned 14 months old. She is at such a fun age. She has sprouted a mouth full of teeth this last month, which has made her quite a bit fussier than normal. She has only gotten 2 of her 4 molars, so I'm sure the fussiness isn't quite over, yet.

Carlyle loves food and would probably eat ALL DAY LONG if I let her. If she sees food, she wants it! She mostly eats table food, but will still eat baby food, which is really nice and convenient. One of her favorite table foods is green beans. She would probably eat a whole can in one sitting. She also loves bananas, turkey, cheese, Teddy Grahams, Fruit Loops, Chick-fil-A Chicken nuggets, pizza and lots more. She really is a good eater, which we are thankful for.

Carlyle has really started mimicking others, which is pretty funny. She jabbers all the time and loves to point at things that catch her eye. We put up the Christmas tree in her room over the weekend and she has been pointing and "oohing" at it. So cute!! I think she says "mama" at least a thousand times a day. Don't get me wrong, I love to hear her say it. I can show her a family picture and ask her where mommy and daddy are and she will point to each of us.


Carlyle is still a crawler and not showing ANY signs of walking. She has become more confident when pulling up on things and will cruise a little more, but still has not let go. And definitely no "first steps". Maybe she will attempt some steps by Christmas, but if not, I'm really ok with it.

We are having so much fun with Carlyle and love to watch her interact with her big sisters. Camden and Claire are the best sisters and take care of her so well. They watch out for her and protect her, play with her and take care of her needs. Carlyle is so blessed to have Camden and Claire to look up to. I can't wait to see what their relationship will be like once she gets older.

With the holidays approaching, we are looking forward to seeing how Carlyle will react to all of the festivities. Last year when we went to visit Santa at the mall, Carlyle was only a few months old and did great. This year, I anticipate screams of terror...but that's ok. I think she is going to love all the Christmas lights in our neighborhood. It will be so fun to drive around and listen to her "ooh" and point to all the lights. I know she's still too young to really understand all the Christmas stuff, but I do know Jeremy and I are anxious to make some memories with all three of our girls!

No comments: