Wednesday, May 5, 2010

New Car Seat Covers

Today when we got home there was a package waiting for us on the front porch. It was new car seat covers..yeah! I know this may not seem very exciting to any of you, but to Claire, it was like Christmas! A few weeks ago, I decided that maybe it was time for Camden to move to a booster seat. After all, she was 5 1/2 years old and was still in a 5-point harness car seat. I kept her in the car seat because I just felt she was safer. I really didn't want to buy another car seat for Carlyle, but I thought it was getting close for her to move to a big seat versus the infant carrier. I thought she might be happier in a seat that was a bit higher and one that allowed her a little more room to move. So, Camden made the switch and she thought she was SO big to be sitting in a big girl seat. However, Claire was a bit upset because she didn't get a new car seat. I decided to get new car seat covers, which would seem like a new car seat. Plus, one of the old covers was literally falling apart. We have had it since Camden was a baby and it has a hole in it and the other cover is the one that Camden puked in around Christmas time. So, I just thought something new and CLEAN would be good. I put the new covers on and Claire was ecstatic!! She loved it and can't wait to head to church in a bit to try out her new seat. And, I guess we'll see how Carlyle likes her new seat. Our Daddy should be home in a bit to install both seats in the car and then we'll get to try them out tonight. Hope our baby is a happy camper on the way to church! Here are our new covers..aren't they adorable...and much cheaper than a new car seat!!


4 comments:

Leslie said...

LOVE them!!!:)

Parks Family said...

I love them!! Where did you get them?

Jennifer said...

Jennifer, I got them on Etsy. The name of the store is: ElizabethParkDesigns. Hope ya'll are doing well!! Paige is getting so big!!

Ruth Lee said...

Hudson has been in his 5 point harness forever, too, and we are about to switch him to a booster. Which one did you get? Oh, I love the car seat covers!!