Saturday, September 26, 2009

1 week old

I can't believe that Carlyle is already a week old. This past week has been such a whirlwind. The lack of sleep is catching up with me and it's hard to function at times. This too shall pass...but I am definitely not complaining. I LOVE getting up with her, feeding her, changing her many poopy diapers, but my favorite...SNUGGLING! She is such a snuggler and I am eating it up!

I think we've finally got this feeding thing down. I was nursing, but after some discomfort (I will spare you all the details), I decided to go strictly to formula. Carlyle was taking it fine, but would have the hardest time sleeping and getting comfortable. After consulting the doctor, we switched her formula to Enfamil AR, which is for acid reflux, and it has been great. She is much more content and happy and is sleeping at night...YEAH! There were a couple of nights at first where I only got about an hour of sleep. I didnt realize how much that can wear you down. Now, I am so thankful to be getting more sleep, even if it is broken up by feedings every 3 hours. Such a relief!!

Carlyle is already changing so much and I know that I'm going to miss this newborn stage! I love it that they are so little and so needy. Camden and Claire are doing great with Carlyle. Camden is still a little mommy, which is nice because she loves to hold her. She does great with her, trying to console her, talking to her, giving her a paci. I feel comfortable letting her hold her if I need to get a bottle or do whatever. Claire is getting adjusted to having a little sister. She wants to hold her, but not for very long. But, she is very sweet to her and will give her kisses and hugs.

We have been so blessed by great friends and family who have been bringing us dinner. I can't imagine having to cook with a newborn and 2 other kids this week. Thank you to all my friends and family who have been so thoughtful. We greatly appreciate your kindness.

Mommy's little helper with Carlyle


1 week old


1 comment:

The Dansbys said...

Enfamil AR is what got us through the first 4 months of Noah's life with out going insane!!! Your girls are darling!